WMAT Vocational Rehabilitation
ABOUT THE VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION PROGRAM:
White Mountain Apache Tribe Vocational Rehabilitation Program is within the WMAT Education Department, which offers vocational rehabilitation to people with disabilities.
Vocational Rehabilitation services are designed to achieve employment objectives consistent with the unique strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities and capabilities of the individuals.Vocational Rehabilitation includes an array of services, which are funded by a grant to the WMAT by the U.S. Department of Education. The goal of vocational rehabilitation is to assist people with disabilities to keep or find employment.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION SERVICES?
To be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services, a person must:
- Be an enrolled member of an American Indian Tribe;
- Live on or near the Fort Apache Indian Reservation;
- Your disability is serious enough to make it hard for you to get or keep a job;
- Available services can help you to get or keep a job;
- Require VR services to prepare for, enter into or retain gainful employment.
WHAT KIND OF SERVICES MAY BE PROVIDED?
The following are the types of vocational rehabilitation services for which and individual with a disability may qualify:
- An assessment to determine Eligibility and vocational needs
- Counseling, guidance, and work-related placement services
- Vocational and other training services
- Mental and Physical restoration
- Maintenance for additional cost incurred while participating in rehabilitation
- Tuition, books/supplies, personal needs allowances, room/board, &/or transportation
- Interpreter services for individuals who are deaf and services for those who are blind or visually impaired
- Occupational licenses, tools, equipment, initial stocks and supplies
- Recruitment and training services
- Native healing services information and referral.
HOW TO APPLY FOR VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION SERVICES?
Visit or telephone the office for appointment. The office is located in the Mary V. Riley Building (Tribal Education Department).
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Upon the completion of an application for services, WMATVR staff will conduct an initial intake interview to determine eligibility and appropriate services consistent with the unique strengths and capabilities of the individual.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION
The applicant full participation in their vocational rehabilitation program is vital to successful employment. The applicant will be assigned a vocational rehabilitation counselor who will provide counseling services and necessary support in their obtaining an employment outcome.